There are a couple important variables to consider when using a streaming service. Most streaming services that don’t charge a monthly fee usually have ads to support the site to stay afloat. But in this case, the PlayBox movie app doesn’t have pop-ups ads and is still free. This makes this method of no cost streaming a rare platform that if enough people were to know about, it could eventually be almost as popular as Netflix.
There are basically the pros and cons of using the app. Xbox, Playstation, and Wii also don’t support pirating software so you wouldn’t be able to access it on your console, which sucks because it would definitely turn your console into a full blown media hub since you can access and movie or TV, not even Netflix does that.
One glaringly obvious addition that would add a lot of value to the app is if podcasts could be accessed as well. Podcasts are pirated just as much as shows and movies so this seems like a natural step towards the app replacing other paid services. Here are the most important pros and cons of the app.
- They say nothing in life is free, wrong, this is free.
- Choice of streaming quality
- Download and keep on your device. Not even Netflix does this.
- No pop-up ads
- App doesn’t need to license right to use films, so has a larger library than paid streaming services
- Doesn’t sync across devices
- If you feel guilty about pirating films, you’ll feel a little guilt everytime you watch something
- Free services sometimes lose developers and then the service breaks apart
- On rare occasions, there is a watermark on the blackbars of the film.
- The android app that doesn’t support the local language option